Unable to Attend?
To order an audio CD recording of this event, click Recordings on the menu.
The rapid pace of change in today's hectic business environment requires companies to quickly and efficiently form teams capable of achieving specific goals, often on a tight deadline.
There's more to the teambuilding process, however, than simply choosing individual employees with the specific skills best suited to a particular project. Success also depends on your ability to get workers to pull together as an effective team. But where can you turn to get the practical advice and guidance you need to build a better team?
Take the first step by joining in Kiplinger's newest 90-minute interactive audio conference on December 2. You'll discover a step-by-step strategy and proven-effective techniques to establish a company culture that ensures outstanding teamwork at every level of your organization, including:
- How to train individual workers in the eight essential skills required to contribute effectively in a group setting.
- How assigning specific roles can engender responsibility and spur individual productivity.
- Why certain incentives can undermine-or even destroy-teamwork.
- Ways to make team members feel engaged and relevant.
- How to instill a keen desire to win and create healthy competition among team members.
- How to create rewards that inspire the greatest commitment from team members.
- How to avoid the blind spots that undermine team performance.
- What it means to be a great teammate in a virtual setting.
- And much more.
About the Presenter Wayne Bennett
has been involved in building teams for almost his entire life. He was the youngest college head basketball coach in Oregon at the age of 23, a NISOA college soccer referee at 27, and is currently the owner and President of TeamWorx Team Building LLC, a nationwide corporate team-building company. Bennett has worked with hundreds of clients and thousands of participants to build better teams. His clients include companies from the Fortune 5 to the Fortune 500 and many successful private and public organizations of all sizes. He also is the author of Wayne's Rules: The Eight Rules to Building Better Teams
and The OPZ: The Optimal Performance Zone.
The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute's criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.
Event registrants may cancel their registration without penalty anytime prior to the start of the event.