Unable to Attend?
To order an audio CD recording of this event, click Recordings on the menu.
Carol Hacker, President of Hacker & Associates in Atlanta, Georgia
As a business owner or manager, do you ever find yourself dealing with an employee whose bad attitude negatively affects your profitability?
Are you concerned that a few bad attitudes will pull your entire team down?
Do you ever feel like things are spinning out of control because of a few employees who need an attitude adjustment?
Are you prepared to pay the high cost of low morale if you choose to do nothing?
If you answered "yes" to any of the questions above - or if you simply want to sharpen your leadership skills - you should take part in Kiplinger's latest 90-minute interactive audio conference on June 22, 2010. Business owner and noted management training expert Carol Hacker will reveal dozens of proven-effective, practical real-world strategies you can put to work immediately to make the attitude cases on your staff straighten up and fly right in a hurry, including how to:
- Identify the causes of negativity that prevent your employees from reaching their full potential -- and hurt your bottom line,
- Quickly help negative employees take the critical first step in acknowledging their bad attitude is definitely a problem,
- Muster the self-confidence and fortitude necessary to raise the issue directly and face down a problem employee,
- Deliver corrective feedback that will get your employee's attention without turning them off to what you have to say,
- Use a special "behavior blindness" technique to help employees own up to -- and overcome -- their bad attitude, without embarrassing or humiliating them,
- Implement a performance-based plan to measure improvement in an employee's attitude -- along with a checklist of consequences for failure to improve,
- Catch employees doing something right -- rather than only looking for something wrong -- and use positive reinforcement to keep employees on track,
- Carefully document the entire process to protect yourself and your business from a charge of unfair discipline or wrongful termination,
- And much more.
About the Speaker
Carol Hacker has been a passionate instructor, engaging speaker and independent business consultant for over 25 years. As president of Hacker & Associates, headquartered in Atlanta, GA, she works with organizations throughout North America to build a chain of evidence that demonstrates the value of effective management practices. Her goal is to help business owners and managers meet the leadership challenge. Over 500,000 participants have benefited from her customized seminars on the topics of recruiting, retention, evaluating employee performance, change management, handling troublesome workplace issues and more. Her clients range from small businesses to Fortune 100 companies and also include not-for-profit and government agencies. Carol is the author of 13 books, scores of audio CDs and over 400 published articles. She earned her BS and MS with honors from the University of Wisconsin.
Event registrants may cancel their registration without penalty anytime prior to the start of the event.